The Covid-19 crisis is far from over. There is no doubt that there are many people in the US who are suffering from the fall-out of this crisis. This is evident from the long lines at food banks across the country. Food from the food banks and soup kitchens is a god-send for the families of people who have lost their jobs. IANH would like to raise funds for the following organizations to help alleviate the current suffering.
- Nashua Soup Kitchen: NSK is serving food and produce to those in need.
- Manchester Soup Kitchen: MSK and Families in Transition have created an Emergency Relief Fund and have requested donations
- Derry Soup Kitchen: DSK will start offering to-go meals from April 21.
- NH Food Bank: Food banks play an important role during the crisis by distributing food to families in need through various agencies in the state. Currently, the National Guards is working with NH Food Bank to support its operations.
- Feeding America: This is the parent organization that operates all food banks. Feeding America can channel the funds to states where the need is the greatest. According to Feeding America, every dollar donated to Feeding America helps provide “at least ten meals to children and families in need (www.feedingamerica.org)”.
- North South Foundation: NSF has launched a major effort to raise funds to help with the crisis. Given that we have collaborated with them in conducting the Education Bees for the last twenty years, we would like to support their fundraising efforts.
Online via Paypal : https://www.paypal.me/
Checks payable to "India Association of NH" mail address: P.O.BOX 3132, Manchester NH 03105